Saturday, August 8, 2009

SUPER SAVINGS SATURDAY

Okay, I don't claim to be one of those incredible shopping Moms but I do try to be thrifty with my family's grocery money. Today I was quite proud of myself and I have to share. I don't know if you shop at Albertsons if you don't you should. I realize that overall they don't compare to Walmart or Winco for cheap everyday prices BUT they do meet their customers needs and want to help you have a good shopping experience. They are running a special this weekend where if you spend $30 on particular grocery items (that we use all the time) you get $15 in store coupons to spend on ANYTHING. Now keep in mind that you can use manufacture coupons towards this purchase and you still get the $15! So I did do this earlier in the week and managed to get my $15 for less then $30 because of the coupons I had. Today my goal was to get another $15 and spend as little as possible SO............. Above is the picture of my loot! I got a total of $78.60 worth of groceries (granted original price is high because it is Albertsons) for a whopping $13.10 out of pocket today. BUT wait it gets better I also still have $10 more in Albertson coupon and a frosting label coupon for.25 SO REALLY I could say that I got all those items for $2.85. Okay it gets even better... I ALSO got $.40 off per gallon on my gas and Albertsons gas cost the same as Costco so that is truly off the lowest price around. Needless to say I am pretty proud. I know I am not in the big leagues but I am proud to say that I am my home teams MVP. Got to love those coupons!

No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG