Monday, June 13, 2011

13 months or 13 years old?

I look at this blog and I feel guilty. I really need to catch up on my scrapping for 2011 but today I am going to digress to the year 1987.  It is the 80s and I am 13 years old.  You all have those stories your mothers tell of your "terrible teen attitude," am I right?  Well recently I found picture proof that the story my mom tells of my one teenage temper tantrum may not have been so outlandish.

Here is her story...."It was my 13th birthday and I had a friend spend the night the night before my party.  We came up the stairs and I saw my cake and pulled my mother aside and told her I didn't like it.  It was a baby cake."  She said I was terribly rude and that that friend was "that type of girl" that said inappropriate things and was a bad influence.

That has been her story all these years and I have felt such remorse about being so disrespectful.  Then the picture surfaces......really was I WRONG??? (Just asking)  I do love my mom and I really did like teddy bears (secretly like every other tween).  Ah memories!

No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG