History has a way of repeating itself whether we try to avoid it or not. This is something I have found to be a life truth. My current example is with Kimberly. We are soon going to be going to Disney World as a family. My parents are going and it is a combination of a lifelong dream and a celebration of my mom's life after last year's brain aneurysm victory. Kimberly (okay all of us) are of course truly excited, BUT...... She is worried about missing school, and mostly missing basketball. Two weeks ago she made the A Team with all her friends and so of course this is the center of her life. During our trip she will have to miss a key game against their archenemies! She will also miss her little sister's 2nd birthday. These are both big bummers. It reminds me of when I was just a year younger then she is now and I go the AMAZING opportunity to go to 13 different countries for 6 weeks in Europe with my grandparents. It was SO worth it and to this day it is something that I refer to often. The educational value alone is unsurpassable. But I was on a National History Day team with so great school friends and we won State and were going to Washington DC. This too was an awesome opportunity but a choice had to be made. I missed going to our nation's capital something I still have yet to do (except a quick and horrible drive on the outskirts in the rain with my Dad going crazy, but that is another story!) Only few years later my Nana died and lots of my great memories of her are from that trip. I think life gives us tough choices to determine our paths for the future and help us understand that life isn't easy! So here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment