Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teaching Tips and Tidbits

Time

This year already I am feeling the crunch.  We have been in school 18 days and my team and I are already discussing report card testing,  I have been racking my brain trying to create engaging lessons that will help my little sweeties learn to identify their letters, numbers, colors, shapes and even their names.  It is so scary to think how far they need to be in such a short amount of time.  That is when my light bulb moment hit!  These darling minds are truly only with me 2 and a half hours a day (real time this is subtracting specials and recess).  Really (and very sadly) these kids probably have more TV time then time with me each day.  My solution.......PBS, Leapfrog Videos, Playhouse Disney,  ANY OF THESE!  They totally don't replace books and projects with parents but they beat Cartoon Network.  I am and will be again amazed how much these students learn this year in Kindergarten, but imagine what a difference just a different TV program to replace the "silly" show they are watching now would do for them.   I think I have a new SOAPBOX.  If I can't get kids to turn the TV off maybe I can get them to change the channel.  It would be exciting to see what happens with just a click of the remote!

No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG