
Today was a nice lazy day. Kimberly and I did our favorite thing and watched some "Little House" episodes we checked out of the library. One really caught my attention because it hit close to home. Charles was out of work because the mill closed. They had a huge bill at the Mercantile and had to all pull together to raise the money to pay the bill. Harriet was terribly rude to Caroline and even the Reverend Alden had to step in and make sure everyone was okay. It made me think about how we have lost a lot of the pulling together and brotherly love that communities used to have. I think Jesus needs us to start remembering each other like they did in the "good old days."

With Easter a week away we have begun our 12 day hunt of Resurrection Eggs. I SO LOVE THIS!!!! Doug or I hide one egg a day with an object that symbolizes a part of the real Easter story. If you have never heard of these you need to check them out. Years ago I was planning to make a set of these for Kimberly then luckily someone made them. I pray my kids remember this tradition over any other we do. Because God loved us so much we get to love each other. Enjoy this Easter Week!
No comments:
Post a Comment