Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day was A Wonderful Carnival Ride




Yesterday was a wonderful day. Doug and the kids made the day so special to me. It started at 7:15am with Jayden fully dressed (even shoes and socks) in his church clothes with my handmade (at school) mother's day card in hand waking me up. It was SO sweet! Then Kimberly came in with her beautiful goodies (a bookmark, card, flower picture, and CHAI taped to the card :)). Doug got up and made my FAVORITE french toast for breakfast. Then at church Julie the children's pastor recorded the kids sharing was is good about their moms. Ethan and Kimberly made me smile. After church Doug made grill cheese and took me to JCPenny to spend my $10 coupon. I got a pair of shorts and he threw in a cute brown top. He is so good to me. Then on the way home we went by the Carnival for the umpteenth time and Jayden began to freak out again but then suddenly Doug stopped the car. We ended up riding a few rides. Jayden didn't care much for the roller coaster (I wish you could see his face). He and I went on the Spinning Apples. His comment was, "That was a good ride, not the other one." Then if that was not enough of a full day we road our bikes to Grandma Margaret's and had a fabulous dinner and played "Masterpiece" a game we love. I thought it only fitting on Mother's day that I had the million dollar painting :) and Margaret got me a really beautiful new blue shirt. All in all it was a perfect day! I am so BLESSED! Thank you Lord for a wonderful family!

1 comment:

stacy said...

Oh I forgot to mention.....we did get to wish my Mom a happy day when she and my dad came over in the afternoon and then went with us to dinner at Doug's families home. It was so great spending time with my mother on Mother's day ....wouldn't be here without her! Stacy

OUR DOG

OUR DOG