Friday, September 4, 2009

Couponing CRAZINESS

So I have always been a coupon clipper and thrifty dealer. In fact I recall at a very young age cutting coupons for my mom. However, it didn't become an "intense sport" for me until this summer. Actually the funny thing is that I swore I would never be a binder couponer BUT when the coupons were bulging out of my poor little caddy (and sadly this was actually my second caddy as I had lost my first) I decided it was time to conform. So I found a nice one inch binder and felt like that would work. WRONG that lasted less then a week. Then this wonderful "coupon fairy" left a much bigger better clear binder that I love. So now the question is the switch. I went to a class by "Thrifty Mom" and began asking my friend Maryhelen questions and an amazing thing happened... I began to save an amazing amount of money. I have to admit I better understand my friend's husbands that hunt for wild game. They always seemed a little obsessive now I am all about "hunting" grocery deals that is. It is so fun. I actually dream about getting things for free by stacking Manufacture Coupons with Store Coupons on SALE items of course. It is time consuming and a lot of work but very fun so since this blog is my journal of what I am doing it would only be fitting that I share my coupon journey. I am still learning a lot and feel like a novice in a field of pros, but I am no longer sitting on the bench I am in the game. Here are a few of my recent game scores I have to share...
At Walmart one night:
Total Retail 17.13
Total Out of Pocket 2.19
Another Day....
Albertsons
Total Retail 23.53
Out of Pocket 1.83

Okay I will do yesterday's transactions....
Walgreens
Total Retail 15.21
Out of Pocket 1.45 RECEIVED a $1 store coupon SO TOTAL actual money .45

Albertsons
Total Retail 63.88
Out of Pocket 35.64 RECEIVED $8.50 store coupon SO TOTAL actual money 27.14

Then that night to top it off we ate 4 meals at KFC with our Oprah Rain Checks for FREE. It would have cost almost $30.00 (it was perfect because Doug with his wisdom teeth pulled was not eating solids yet!)

So that is just a taste of the fun. My friend and co coupon junky has some great pictures and stories about her DEALS on her blog (Freeman Family). CHECK IT OUT!!!

I feel good that I am helping the family food and household item budget but it also can be a real rush. Too bad I don't have more time or maybe it is a good thing.

1 comment:

FreeFamWorld said...

You're doing AWESOME! Love your dollar postings.. way to go!

Love those coupon fairies.... <3

OUR DOG

OUR DOG