Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not Like They Use To Be


Yesterday I turned the dreaded 35! It is funny how quickly you cross the line from one of the young ones to one of the old ones. I truly feel like I just graduated from college yesterday and now my children are all out of diapers and into school. Life is a FAST ride!
I am so blessed though... I got tons of fun presents and great cards. Tuesday my Grandfather took the whole gang to The Old Spaghetti Factory and my poor parents car broke down. While waiting for the tow truck I forgot my souvenir glass and leftovers. Bummer, but like the waiter said Birthdays are not as "fun" as they were when I was younger. Though I have to disagree a little, my hubby and kids along with GREAT friends and family made it a pretty awesome day. Doug threw a "surprise party." Margaret brought the cheese cake (my favorite) and I got a digital picture frame (SO COOL). Then I went out to dinner with some good friends. I felt very special. It meant a lot that friends and family really got me things that show how they really know me. Fall Decorations, clean house help book :), chai, GREEN stuff (yes money too), jelly beans, nutela, on and on. It kinda was a little telling about me that so much of it was sweets. Oh well, I guess at least I am not a closet sweeter (lol). My kids even made me some great cards (the old fashion way too!).

So it isn't like it use to be but I tend to think it is BETTER!!!

No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG