Today is a day I never want to forget. On Thursday morning Jayden and I go to Bible Study Fellowship. It is nondenominational and mostly full of older women who are home and bring grandchildren (though there are several younger moms like me too). Anyway, I attended it about 8 years ago with Kimberly and LOVED hearing my then 2 year old talk about Moses, God and the Bible so clearly. I always vowed that if I had Thursday mornings off I would take Jayden. Well this year it happened. At first I have been a little disappointed my son being a boy and 5 has not been as excited about the "boring church" as I had hoped. However, last Thursday I got to watch him in his class and he said afterwards, "it's pretty fun." YAY!!! But the BEST part was today as we are walking to the car Jayden says, "Mom, I wish I could be born again. You know but I can't be a baby again, huh?" OH my heart melted. You see this week in John the book of the Bible we are studying we read chapter 3 where a Pharisee name Nicodemus is meeting with Jesus and Jesus says
,"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." Well Jayden was trying to comprehend this in his mind and shared that he was truly wanting to experience heaven too. In his 5 year old mind he really was trying to work it all out. WOW!! We discussed how Jesus died for us so that we could be "born again" if we except His gift of love for us. He may or may not "get it" but to know that he is seeking understanding. Oh what a blessing. God is SO good. It is amazing how He meets us where we are whether we are 5 or 35.
No comments:
Post a Comment