Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Significance of Seven Years


Last night Doug and I had an early CELEBRATION of our wedding anniversary. Tomorrow we will have been married seven years. Honestly it has gone so incredibly fast. It is amazing when you spend your life with your soul mate how good it can be. Speaking of souls I have to share from mine. Last night we went to Boise to Macaroni Grill for dinner and decided afterwards to go to the Family Christian Bookstore. Since we never get to Boise it is an unspoken law that we stop there when we are in town.
Anyway, Doug and I have an amazing love story that goes along with Doug's redemption story. We met when Doug was changing my tires at Walmart. He and my dad "chatted" and afterwards he asked me on a date. We met the following weekend at the movies. We hadn't picked a movie or a time exactly because I was doing a Home and Garden Show that night and we didn't know what was playing. When I got there we just kinda looked at the billboard and took a pick. At that time two movies where playing that had to do with "time travel." We both thought we were picking the one that was advertised so much on TV. However, God in His wisdom had other plans. You see Doug was at a crossroads in his life. He was interested in "finding his way." He was tired the life he was living but he wasn't sure he was ready to make a commitment to God. Well the movie we saw was "Time Changer." It was everything that I believe put out there for the world. I felt SO uncomfortable. Part of me wanted to crawl under my seat. What was Doug thinking? Did he know that this is my heart? Was this cute, young, single guy ever going to ask me out again???
I think you can guess the answers to my question. Anyway, jumping back to the present. I have been on a hunt for the past seven years to find this movie. And guess what was the first thing we saw as we walked into the Christian Book Store Last night??? GOD IS SO GOOD!

No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG