Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cherished Moments

Today I started back to school, officially.  This has been a great summer.  I have to say that one part of this summer that I will never forget is reading with Kimberly.  I have read with my kids since they were inside of me.  But as they have gotten older they have not wanted me to read to them as much and enjoy reading alone in their rooms.  Of course Jayden still loves to have a bedtime story but Kimberly is a lone bookworm.  However, this summer began with us camping at Hells Canyon for Memorial weekend.  Kimberly and I had to drive up later then the rest of the family.  Along the way Kimberly read the first book of the "Hunger Game" series.  I listened for two days and in that time we finished the first book.  When we got home we ended up buying the complete series at Costco.  Kimberly had already read these books in school and LOVED them.  In July when Kimberly returned from her dad's she read the second book to me and today with a biter sweet feeling she read the last pages of Mocking Jay.  The experience is over but our bond that developed is unbreakable. Even at a family picnic we had an archery activity and Kimberly impressed us all by hitting the inner circle of the bullseye.  Doug's comment was to call Kimberly, Kimness after her beloved Katness.  We have even seen the movie (twice, three times for Kimberly) but it is the reading time the intimate moments.  I can't explain the magic.  It is the signature of this summer.  It is one of my "cherished moments," with my sweet Angelfish or should I say Kimness!

No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG