Do you recognize this show? Let me tell you this is a favorite Net Flick series at our house. It is a chance for Doug and I to re-live our youth while the kids check out a man who has a cool gadget for just about everything and made out of just about anything as well.
However, today we experienced "Mini-Macgyver." Jayden had gotten in big trouble earlier today for lying so.....(let me mention Doug was mowing the lawn and I was on the phone) Jayden came up to me and said "Mom, don't get mad I am telling the truth (words to mentally red flag)"..."I had a spark in my room and I don't want to go in there I am scared." Okay, I am thinking what could this possibly mean? He takes me first to the trash where he threw away a power cord. OKAY, now I am freaked. I go to his room where there is a black mark on his carpet and an extremely hot battery sitting next to the mark. He then tells me that he cut the cord off an alarm clock and touched it to the battery (wait a minute something is missing, I decide to get Doug for back up on this). As I head outside Jayden in toe, I inform him he could have burned the house down, etc. Then Doug comes in and gets the important part of the story that the other end of the cord was actually plugged in!!! He could have been electrocuted! SCARY!!!! He cries and promise never again, later as we are relaying the story to Grandma and family it comes out, of course he was being MacGyver. REMINDER: KIDS MACGYVER did all those things to HELP OTHERS! No sparks!!!
Moral of the story: Motives Matter!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment