Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas







Christmas Eve was nice at Doug's Aunt and Uncle's. The drive home with snow drifting across the roads made it a scary ride home. Jayden didn't have much competition for finding baby Jesus, that night. So I guess this will be his lucky year. Christmas morning Santa came and Jayden couldn't have been more excited. We got up early and opened gifts even Saddie got some presents. Jayden luck began with a track from Santa and as pictured below a track from Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell. He had asked Santa for a track and was convinced he was getting one (even though he had a jeep one from Grandma and Grandpa Kiser from last Christmas that he has been playing forever). I guess you never underestimate a four year old's wish. Doug surprised me with a picture jewlery box he made. It was beautiful. Doug loved the calendar I made him. He is excited to have a place with all our family birthdays on it to remember. Then we headed to my parents for a delicious breakfast my mom made yummy blueberry muffins that everyone had to have seconds on. Then there were more presents. Doug and I got this really neat name picture from my parents. It is so nice. My mom's friends Trish and Albert came as they just recently moved here from the Seatle area. My mom and Trish have known eachother since I was a baby. My Grandpa came from Meridian too. Like always we started with Grandpa reading the Christmas story out of the family Bible. I just love listening. Then Doug, Jayden, and I went to see "Bedtime Stories" at the theater. It was really good and I recommend it to everyone!!! Then we went to Doug's parents for dinner (Maragret's fabulous cooking and my Dad's yummy califlower and cheese) and MORE presents! We were all excited to get our homemade flannel pjs from Grandma Margaret. Mine have purple butterflies that will be perfect for wearing on P week for our Pajama party. Jayden's pictured below are so cute with little boats and the right blue to make his eyes sparkle. My parents, Grandpa and Doug's Grandparents were there too. We enjoyed playing some new games. It was interesting watching my family discuss Fact and Crap (lol). All in all even though we missed Ethan and Kimberly it was very nice Christmas.

1 comment:

FreeFamWorld said...

Wonderful to hear about your great day!
I remember Trish! How fun that they've moved. :)
Yay for Christmas!!

OUR DOG

OUR DOG