Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Baby is a Decade Old

Yesterday was Kimberly's birthday. I feel like it was just yesterday we were able to pull her little strands of hair into pigtails. I made the comment to Doug a few days earlier as we were driving down 10th that I felt like the snow looked like the year I was pregnant with her. He laughed and said that the news mentioned that this was our first white Christmas in a decade. So I guess I was right. I am so very sad to see my angel growing her wings but excited too. We crossed another bridge towards her becoming a young lady for her birthday. We planned a wonderful surprise, we took her to get her ears pierced. She has been asking to have them pierced for over a year but I wanted to wait until she was ten so yesterday was perfect! The surprise was spoiled by anxious Aunt Kristi who had to call right before we were leaving to the mall and ask if she was nervous about having her ears pierced. (Oh well :)) You should have seen her face as I began talking to Kristi. She had a smirk about a mile wide! So we did go to the mall and her excited face turned to nervous. Although she loved the December birthstones they used as her studs and that Dad let her get three pairs of winter earrings. After the earrings we went to Taco Bell for lunch so Dad could head to work. Kimberly, Jayden, Grandma Lauretta and I went to "High School Musical 3." Boy did that take me back. Kimberly loved it!

1 comment:

FreeFamWorld said...

Sounds like a great day! Congrats to Kimberly on being brave for her ear piercing. We had to wait fifteen minutes for Liz to calm down enough for he lady to be able to do anything. She wanted to do it, but years' worth of anticipation just got to her. A classic story in our family now.
Time flies, mom! Our babies get big and we're in our thirties. yikes!!

OUR DOG

OUR DOG