Last Tuesday I took the afternoon off to be a mom! Okay, I was a "volunteer" parent at the Seussical play. Ms. Martin along with Kimberly's teacher from last year Mrs. Stivers took their classes to the Nampa Civic Center for the production of "Seussical the musical." Kimberly is a BIG Dr. Seuss fan thanks to Mrs. Stivers who she had as a teacher for 2nd and 3rd grade. She had been looking forward to this play since before Christmas. It was a local company putting it on so I was a little nervous about the quality. I was pleasantly surprised. IT was really, really good. If you are not familiar with Dr. Seuss's stories you need to be. To quote a good friend "Dr. Seuss was a genius so in tune with children and with socia
l issues even today." In the play they combine a number of his books one of my favorite is "Horton Hatches an Egg." Hopefully you can see the man in the picture (he is in gray because he is an elephant.) The young boy who plays a key role in the production was phenomenal. He has an incredible voice and such confidence in his stage presence for one so young. The man who played the "Cat in the Hat" really kept the audience involved (since it was an audience of children for 2 hours that was very impressive). It was definately the highlight of Kimberly and my week and I am so thankful that I got to experience it with her. In honor of Dr. Seuss's Birthday Monday I want to encourage everyone to read a good book to your child (it will be fun for both of you!).
New Product Carlisle 269FMT301 Food Service Display Tray, 9" x 26", White
(Pack of 12)
-
*Affiliate reviews Carlisle 269FMT301 Food Service Display Tray, 9 x 26,
White (Pack of 12)*
*So you can check out the other reviews Free Shipping Offer ...
4 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment