



VBS was so much fun this year! It was an island theme so we felt like we were all in Hawaii. The weather this week even gave you an island feel with some tropical type winds and some really hot days. Jayden was very excited and loved his 4 year old boys class. Each day they would go to a different destination and learn something from God's word that applies to their lives today. The one that seemed to really stick with Jayden was "Good trees bear good fruit." Every time this week he was being "bad" he would say "I am a bad tree." I have to say I love four year old theology. This year I helped in Preschool crafts and we made VOLCANOES. It was a symbol to help them remember "Harsh words stir up anger." Proverbs 15:1. I have to admit I was the popular craft with the kids. The main reason was that they got to use glue and GLITTER. I am sure the church janitor is going to love vacuuming the classroom I used.

As always there was a big missions love offering competition between the boys and girls. This year the goal was $3000 towards wells in Haiti. I thought it was a GIGANTIC amount of money during these tough times. But as usual I underestimated our MIGHTY God. It of course was raised and surpassed. But for me that is not to story that I will always remember about how God works in mysterious ways. My story happened on Wednesday in Olive Garden of all places. My Grandfather took my mom, Doug, Jayden and I to lunch and I was sharing with him all about the events of VBS. I was speaking kinda loud (I guess it is the teacher voice I have.) Well a lady who was sitting at the table a little ways away from us came over and mentioned that my voice had carried over to where she could hear me. I of course apologized. She said that that was not why she came over. She wanted to give Jayden $2 towards VBS offering. She then went on to share that she had grown up an orphan and a friend had taken her to VBS and that was her opportunity to meet Jesus, through Cookies, Crafts, and Caring. My heart just burst. I felt like that moment I got to have a glimpse of Christ. There is no question how important things like VBS are for children I am so thankful for all the wonderful people like Miss Amy, and the Julies who spend their lives enriching our kids. I am so glad I got to be a part of that.
Pastor Joe as the Big Kahuna
Jayden is SO excited about our church's new play equipment!

Sunday's End of VBS Celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment