Monday, June 15, 2009

Singing in the Rain

This was a very busy and exhausting weekend. Along with getting ready for a BIG Yard Sale Jayden and Kimberly had Baseball Games EVERY NIGHT! So Thursday night after two games the kids and Doug worked on baked goodies for the yard sale. Kimberly, Emily and Caleb decided to sale food to earn some Kids Camp money. Needless to say the kids got to bed kinda late. Friday we managed to do pretty well despite the occasional short rain showers and when the day ended we were exhausted. Doug fell fast asleep on the couch and I had to work hard to wake him for a wienie roast in our friends backyard. We had so much fun visiting that of course we didn't get to bed until after 11pm. Then of course we were up bright and early for day two of the Yard Sale. I think the kids had as much fun as the adults (okay I realize I look really tired but who wouldn't). We ended Saturday at 2pm right before a HUGE rain storm. The kids went wild playing in the rain. It was no surprise that when everyone left and I took the kids to the library Jayden began to fall asleep in the car. The surprising part was that I could not wake him up even when we got to Walmart. He slept in the cart through the entire store and then when we came home I laid him on the couch and he slept for another two of hours. Poor kid I think we totally wore him out. I really thought he would give us grief about going to bed at bedtime but he didn't. It was definitely a full couple of days.


No comments:

OUR DOG

OUR DOG