Monday, January 12, 2009

Mamma Mia! ( I don't mean the movie)

Here I go again... my my, what can I say it is totally Monday for me! First of all this morning I forget my school bag (believe it or not I NEVER forget my school bag, my keys, phone...maybe but not THE bag). So Doug was oh so happy to bring it. He was even more pleased when I informed him that he needed to bring an extra pair of pants as well for Jayden (when you are a young boy you need to go number 1 before attempting number 2 or you might leak a little on your underwear etc.). So that is how the day started but wait it gets even better. Today was payday (thank goodness) so for me that means three bank visits. The first across the street from work to cash my check (I had a b-card for my nephew that needs cash), then to my personal Home Federal account (Curves comes out automatically) and then Cornerstone Credit Union for our family account. So at 12:45pm I beelined it out of work and over to the first bank (check). Then to the new Home Federal in Nampa because I needed to go get some supplies for school at the Dollar Tree and so I didn't want to go back to Caldwell yet. This is where the story gets good. First of all I go (in the bank because I don't have a deposit slip, this means unbuckling and taking Jayden into the bank in his heavy coat that makes this process a PROCESS) to deposit and the teller says, "Did you know your account is overdrawn?" (WHAT? I have never been overdrawn on that account because they charge 32.50 a check.) So I ask for a print out and am trying to see what happen. I say to her, this has never happened can I possibly have this fee deducted. She calls the Caldwell branch and thank heavens they agree to take it off as long as I am depositing, anyway while this is going on Jayden informs me he "has to go potty." Of course there is no public restroom so the teller is nice enough to say he can go back and use their's. So he is in the bathroom and she is filling out the paperwork to take off the charge and I am looking at the print out when an old guy comes in doesn't even stand behind me a minute and says, "hey lady can you move aside and balance your checkbook so I can do my business." I fumbled for words and was like "okay" when the teller says, "Sir I am still helping her." So I am feeling rushed and embarrassed when out of the clear blue air you can hear a loud voice yelling, "MOM, MOM, MOM!" So the other bank lady says, "Mam do you want to come back your son is calling you." I quickly head to the employees MEN's bathroom where I find Dennis the Menace, I mean Jayden sitting on the thrown announcing he is pooping and that he dribbled on his undies and pants and will not put them back on. So after several minutes of him saying he was not done (loudly so that none of the people outside in the bank would miss it), he doesn't plan to go out of the bathroom and if he does he won't put his pants on. So after some pretty insistent words from me we managed to pull them up and wash up. So the whole time I am freaking about the old guy. Luckily they helped him and someone else so with an oh so happy four year old I had to wait in line again. When we finally get to the car I have him put on a spare pair of pants and undies. He finds this funny and stands up on his seat and takes his sweet time getting in the new dudes. This all happens before we go to the Dollar Store and Jo Anns. I am telling you I must be a glutton for punishment. (Note to self.... Discovery World is much cheaper then any heavy drug I would take to do that again.) So I thought for all you "PERFECT" Moms out there I would let you in on how the rest of us live.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Golly gee, I am so glad to hear that you have had days like some of mine !!!!

OUR DOG

OUR DOG